Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day

Well another year, another father's day without my dad. It has been 15 years now since I got to look at my dad and tell him happy father's day.  There is not a day that goes by that I don't think about my dad and miss him.  I was always a daddy's girl when I was growing up.  I remember going fishing with my dad when I was still in my playpen.  He would set my playpen up along side the water, give me my little fishing pole and we would spend the day just the two of us.  After I got older I still went everywhere with my dad.  Saturday mornings were cartoon days for most kids, but not for me.  On Saturday's we would get up early and he would get me dressed and fix my hair and then it was time for our day together.  Our first stop was always the little donut shop in town where we would would both get a donut and he would have coffee while I had  chocolate milk.  Next it was time for our weekly stop at the restaurant where daddy and his friends always met  I would set and listen to them talk while they had their coffee and caught up with that was going on with one another.  After that the rest of the day was always just for us.  It never mattered to me what we did, as long as I was spending time with my daddy I was happy.  When I was 12 my dad started getting really sick and our daddy and daughter days out were over.  I missed them very much but I still loved my dad.  When I was 15 my daddy died.  That was the worst time of my life.  I did not understand how I was supposed to go on without him there by my side.  It took me many years to realize that even though he is no longer physically here with me, my daddy will all ways be right by my side because he is in my heart every day.
I love you Daddy and I miss you!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment